Monday 14 September 2015

A Most Unexpected Visit

Thank the lord for Twitter is all I can say! If I hadn't checked my account on Saturday lunchtime I would have completely missed the announcement that Vulcan XH558 was doing a flypast over Eastbourne that afternoon!

In honour of the event Helen, Grandma, Grandad and me went up to Beachy Head to eagerly await her arrival!

Grandma, Grandad & Me

Grandma, Grandad & Helen

It turns out she was filming in-flight footage with a sky-cam. It was a really funny looking little plane -

It kept us entertained flying around whilst we awaiting XH558's arrival

Although we were all scanning the horizon XH558 suddenly loomed out of the clouds like a giant moth! 

Because it wasn't an official 'display' it meant that she was able to fly right over the top of us!

Just wow!
There was a fair amount of patchy cloud cover and because of the way she was flying I managed to snap a couple of interesting shots of her in and out of the clouds.



Filming with the sky cam
She circled around us for ages and passed over the top of us quite a few times, it was absolutely fantastic!




I felt so privileged to be there to watch her perform for the camera. Especially after resigning myself to the fact that I wouldn't be seeing her again, this one 'extra' was a beautiful, graceful final farewell. 

Thank you again XH558.

Love Jen
XxxX








No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...