Thursday 2 April 2015

Who Are You? (Who, Who, Who, Who)

I wanted to share some photos from Mum, Dad and I's trip to London to see The Who a couple of weeks ago. You may remember that we were due to see them just before Christmas but the show was postponed.

Because the show was on a Sunday it meant that we had the 'experience' of railway engineering works (to my non-UK readers railway engineering works are a national hate in the manner of our weather and running out of tea!). This meant that Dad got to experience the chop and change between buses and trains followed by the tube (I think he enjoyed the experience really).




Once we finally got to London we went to one of my favourite restaurants Byron Hamburgers in Greenwich, they have different restaurants all over London, each with a different theme.

Me and Mum in Byron
How pretty is Canary Wharf station?
An attempt at arty night photography whilst waiting for the DLR to the O2

Obviously the main event of the day was The Who. The day before I'd chopped my hair into a 60's style bob for the occasion and I can confirm it makes head shaking during songs v fun!

Looking the part with 60s hair, make up and a Henry Holland dress
The Who were obviously fantastic, they're one of the bands that Mum and Dad love and had never seen live and I was so happy to share that experience with them. 

Richardson family selfie!
We were quite far back so my pictures aren't great but here are a few -





Anyone who does their encore with a cup of tea in their hand is quite obviously a legend!
In fact we enjoyed the show so much that the next morning, over breakfast, Mum and I booked tickets to see them in Hyde Park in June! The support acts are the Kaiser Chiefs who I've always wanted to see, Paul Weller & Johnny Marr so it'll be like a mini festival!

We went back to Greenwich again the next day and had a wander around. I love the architecture of the buildings there, especially Sir Christopher Wren's Royal Naval College. 

Stunning



Mum and Dad trying to hurry me up whilst I was snapping photos
Through the arches
We went to the National Maritime Museum. My favourite part was a world map that kids (and er me) could run around on. There may have been a small incident where I pretended to be a Vulcan bomber  taking off from RAF Waddington, pausing at Ascension Island (which turned out to be next to the 'E' of 'Atlantic Ocean' after a little searching) and wandering down to The Falklands ....... 

Walking round the world
I survived the Bermuda Triangle!
Love these ships lamps
The museum is another beautiful building and that weekend had grounds full of daffodils. 


 

I normally try to end my blogs with a snappy send off but in this case I'm going to leave you with the advice: If you ever get the chance to see The Who then for gods sake go!

Love Jen
XxxX










No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...