Tuesday 6 May 2014

A Big Thank You!

I had my Rethink fundraising party on Saturday and raised £190! I'm so chuffed that we managed to raise so much, I had set myself a target to raise around £50 but I was blown away by how generous guests at the party and people in mine & Mum's workplaces who bought raffle tickets and donated cake and raffle prizes.
 
I'll admit that I did find the sheer amount of people that turned up quite daunting and did spend a large portion of the afternoon hiding in the tea tent under the pretence of taking tea orders. Don't get me wrong, I'm so so glad that lots of people turned up but I do still find crowds of people quite unsettling. My anxiety has only just started to come down today, in fact I've been pretty highly strung all weekend. 

The main thing is that people seemed to enjoy themselves at the party, despite almost running out of cake which involved me running down to the corner shop and purchasing an emergency Chocolate Swiss Roll. The quiz was good fun too, although I did note some cheating going on between teams situated towards the end of the garden ……..
 
The objective of the exercise was not only to raise the money for Rethink but also to prove to myself that I am capable of holding these kind of events without having a total meltdown, and looking back on it now, with the space of a couple of days I think I did pretty well. I was quite panicky at the party but not to the extent that I totally freaked out. And yes I did enjoy it for the most part, aside from panicking that people would starve due to cake depravation.
 
Thank you to everyone who helped me organise the event, came to the event, bought raffle tickets, bought jewellery, donated raffle prizes or donated their time.‎ I hope you all had fun!
 
Raising money and awareness for Rethink tasted pretty good! And of course eating cake for charity halves the calories right???
 
Love Jen
XxxX
 
Ps if anyone would still like to donate then you can do so through my Just Giving page -www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/teaclub
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...